The Psychiatrist/Nurse Practitioner will also perform all duties related to providing psychiatric care to clients assigned to the MHRS. This shall include initial diagnostic assessments/evaluation, re-evaluations, medication management, and coordination of treatment planning. The psychiatrist will engage in an interdisciplinary treatment team meeting for high profile and/or clinically complex cases and coordinate with treatment providers as the need to ensure continuity of care of all clients.
ESSENTIALS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prescribe, direct, or administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders.
- Analyze and evaluate client data or test findings to diagnose nature or extent of mental disorder.
- Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, social workers, counselors, psychiatric nurses, psychiatric rehabilitation coordinators, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
- Develop individualized treatment plans for clients receiving psychiatric services, exclusively.
- Gather and maintain client information and records, including social or medical history obtained from clients, relatives, or other professionals.
- Provide brief counseling, as needed, during client office visits.
- Make appropriate referrals for clients requiring laboratory or diagnostic tests to provide information on the general physical condition or mental disorder.
- Evaluates for general medical health and makes referrals for medical follow-up.
- Advise or inform guardians, relatives, or significant others of clients’ conditions or treatment, when appropriate or authorized.
- Remain abreast of trending topics and issues within the behavioral health field via attendance of continuing education classes, conferences and/or seminars. Impart new information learned to the SCD and clinical team, when appropriate as it may inform the success of client care outcomes and clinic operations.
- Review and evaluate treatment procedures and outcomes of other psychiatrists or medical professionals.
- Prepare and submit case reports or summaries to the government or mental health agencies.
- Coordinate with the management team in the training of staff on matters of psychopharmacology, assessment, diagnosis, and other behavioral health care interventions.
- Provide a minimum of 10 hours with room to increase to 20 hours or more per week, based on client demand.
- Any other duties as necessary for the continued function and operation of the behavioral health program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to examine, evaluate, diagnose and treat psychiatric and mental illnesses. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multidisciplinary treatment teams ensuring development, planning, implementation and evaluation of treatment.
- Skilled in the use of technology, electronic health records, software (MS Office and Google applications), and other resources to assist and aid during daily medical responsibilities.
- Skilled in documenting medical records and articulating and interacting with clients and others regarding clinical/administrative concerns or issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in an in/outpatient setting working intensively with clients with serious mental illness;
- Multidisciplinary team experience;
- Experience with child, adolescent, and adult mental health treatment with the ability to assess for co-occurring conditions;
- Must be able to become credentialed with Medicare and Medicaid and other payers as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Medical or Doctoral degree from an Accredited Medical Institution;
- Board certification in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry;
- Board certified in General Psychiatry;
- Current medical license for the state of residence and work (Washington, DC);
- Clinical and Private Practice expertise preferred.
- Electronic Health Records: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- General Psychiatry (Required)
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (Required)
- DEA (Preferred)
- CDS (Preferred)
- Medical (Required)
Go to all jobs